INCOTERMS 2010: ICC OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE INTERPRETATION OF TRADE TERMS
DAT - Delivered at Terminal (...named terminal at port or place of destination)
New Term - May be used for all transport modes
Seller delivers when the goods, once unloaded from the arriving means of transport, are placed at the disposal of the buyer at a named terminal at the named port or place of destination. "Terminal" includes quay, warehouse, container yard or road, rail or air terminal.
Both parties should agree the terminal and if possible a point within the terminal at which point the risks will transfer from the seller to the buyer of the goods. If it is intended that the seller is to bear all the costs and responsibilities from the terminal to another point, DAP or DDP may apply.
- Seller is responsible for the costs and risks to bring the goods to the point specified in the contract
- Seller should ensure that their forwarding contract mirrors the contract of sale
- Seller is responsible for the export clearance procedures
- Importer is responsible to clear the goods for import, arrange import customs formalities, and pay import duty
- If the parties intend the seller to bear the risks and costs of taking the goods from the terminal to another place then the DAP term may apply
Who covers the logistics charges?
Distribution of costs according to the Incoterm negotiated in the contract. Classification according to the increased level of obligations for the seller
- CFR — Cost and Freight
- CIF — Cost, Insurance and Freight
- CIP — Carriage and Insurance Paid Тo
- CPT — Carriage Paid To
- DAP — Delivered at Place
- DDP — Delivered Duty Paid
- DAT — Delivered at Terminal
- EXW — EX Works
- FAS — Free Alongside Ship
- FCA — Free Carrier
- FOB — Free On Board
Container TrackingThe tracking system allows to determine the current position of your container on the world map and determines the port and the time spent in port of congestion.
Logistics ExplorerWhether you need port to port or door to door service, choose any place of loading and final destination and get the brief description of route, transit time and an instant freight rate for any type of service.
Load CalculatorChoose the equipment type (container or truck), packing type and dimensions. Get a 3D image of stowing mixed sized cargo in the most efficient manner!
International TradeE-commerce app for selling shipping rates and customer service This app allow users to compare and book air, ocean and trucking quotes from your company and partners of your network. All this with 24/7 support.