When choosing ways to improve and optimize logistics operations, it's worth researching the functionality of the most advantageous tools. With such an expert approach, you can avoid financial risks and delays in the supply chain.
Global vessel monitoring outreach and user-friendly settings for instant tracking of your shipments are just the beginning of the benefits of logistics tools you can take advantage of.
The functionality of SeaRates' Tracking System is in high demand in today's logistics and trade operations markets. How can it boost freight forwarding processes? And why are you getting the benefits from the tool's API functionality?
What are the advantages of the API?
- The advanced level of customer focus aims to meet the most demanding and urgent customer needs. Tracking cargo with the most accurate data is the right solution for this.
- Transparency in shipping through the ability to track cargo independently via API increases customer loyalty.
- The speed of data gathering and transmission makes your services in demand among customers who want to find convenient monitoring in one place without the need for additional searches.
- The uniqueness of your services is achieved with an innovative container tracking solution at any time of the day or night.
How can you improve your logistics services with the Tracking System API?
Why do global freight forwarders and shipping lines have the “Track a Shipment” option on their websites or integrate it into a mobile app?
Such solutions are an effective way to satisfy consignors with the transparency of the shipping process. After all, they can see exactly where their cargo is at any time and when it will arrive. Tracking the route and time of delivery is one of the primary customers’ needs in the supply chain. Knowing this necessity, you can provide innovative solutions in a convenient form, as the SeaRates Tracking System API is designed.
Let's take a closer look at the functionality of the tool that can already be integrated into your system.
Global coverage by the Tracking System tool
You provided accurate data on vessel routes from around 170 providers via API. Shipping lines are the main source of Tracking System API data, so you get impressive reach.
Hence, your platform can independently combine data from global shipping carriers, leasing companies, and AIS data for ship tracking with additional and proprietary data sources. So, your customers do not need to visit third-party resources to find additional information; detailed tracking by BL, container, or booking number is possible immediately with our API.
Easily integrate APIs with TMS, ERP, and CRM
TMS (Transportation Management Systems), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) are configured to receive and transmit your data via the API. The Tracking System API documentation is so straightforward that it won't take you long to familiarize yourself with it. Integrating the API with your systems will take a few minutes.
Receive AIS data for each shipment
Get the integrated tool with AIS data to have information about all important freight shipping events. You will have access to real-time location of the vessel on the world map. Your customers will be able to find out exactly where the containers with their goods are at any time.
No matter what parameter you have, with our API, you will find the ship's location in a couple of clicks.
For example, your customer wants to receive data on the location of the containers with these numbers: DRTA4059987 and QGUR3840571.
To get the AIS data, make the following API requests:
Take a look at the request parameters:
- https://tracking.searates.com/route?type – request link
- type=CT – type of the shipment (BL – Bill of lading, BK – booking number, CT – container number)
- number - your shipment number
- sealine=cmdu - SCAC code of the shipping line. Kindly check our API documentation for the full list of SCAC codes.
- ais=true – to get AIS data in the API response
- api_key – your personal API key provided by SeaRates’ account manager
For detailed documentation on the Tracking System API, please follow the link.
The Tracking System API is a simple and proven way to engage customers with detailed and extensive information about their cargo shipping. There is only one place where you can manage the monitoring of your containers' flow and receive related data at any time.
With SeaRates integrations, you develop your own unique products. Based on the Tracking System tool, you get the opportunity to satisfy your customers' requests for streamlined logistics operations. Submit a quick request for an IT quote for the API integration of this tool.
You are always welcome to contact us at email@example.com for assistance in integrating our tools into your business processes.