Survey is an important stage in cargo delivery, especially sea transport. The essence of the service is that forwarder’s specialists carefully inspect the transport, the cargo itself, the integrity of its packaging and other aspects that may affect safety.
Scope of survey services available within SeaRates
The range of services in this area is quite wide, because there are different transportation options, and the cargo may have different characteristics.
SeaRates logistics community provides the world coverage of the following services
Inspection of cargo, photographing, video filming as necessary. The purpose of the inspection is to detect inconsistencies in the actual information about the cargo and the data specified in the documents.
Control of the process of loading / unloading. The quality control process is carried out according to regulatory documents.
Securing cargo on the selected type of transport. A properly laid cargo implies its stability, ensuring the safety of people nearby, as well as free access to fire equipment.
Any assessment work regarding the condition of the cargo and the vehicle on which it is transported.
The specific possibilities of the surveyor can be found by contacting us external-link and describing the type of cargo and the intended type of vehicle for transportation.
Batch inspection before shipment. Check production procedures and quality of the “first batch” of product
Advisory services for the transport of dangerous goods of any type. SeaRates provides customer advisory services and offers optimal conditions for the transport of goods.
Examination by an independent expert. This is necessary in case of an insured event in the event of an accident
The range of services in this area is quite wide, because there are different transportation options, and the cargo may have different characteristics.The range of services in this area is quite wide, because there are different transportation options, and the cargo may have different characteristics.
Specialized Research and Production Enterprises offer more than a dozen different services, namely:
- Conducting laboratory studies of transport characteristics and properties of goods;
- Issuing IMO Certificate on transport characteristics of goods at the time of loading and IMO Declaration on cargo with recommendations for its safe sea and river transport;
- Expert inspection of the commodity prior to loading, determination of the cargo quality according to the terms of the sales contracts (control of labeling, packaging, inspection of the cargo for damage or deterioration);
- Determination of the cargo amount loaded on the vessel using the «DRAFT SURVEY» method, and also tally accounting of cargo;
- Issuing an expert opinion on the seaworthiness of the vessel and the compliance of its design and equipment with the characteristics of the transported goods;
- Issuing Acts of transport units survey;
- Development and issuing Certificates about packing of goods in containers or vehicles;
- Development of technical and technological safety measures related to the transport of dangerous goods, hazardous substances and pollutants - preparing Emergency cards;
- Examinating goods with the subsequent issuance of cargo radioactivity absence certificate;
- Surveyor inspection of scrap and waste of ferrous and non-ferrous metals with the issuance of cargo explosion safety certificate;
- Functions of emergency commissioners — investigating the circumstances of accidents, giving an estimate of losses.
Talk to an expert
Reduce risk, ensure quality and meet regulatory requirements with SeaRates. Get in touch with our team.